Pursue Membership! Church membership is open to all persons who, having repented of their sin, have turned to Christ as Lord and Savior, who have been baptized (immersed) in obedience to the Word of God, and have signed the Membership Application Agreement (provided at the quarterly Membership Class). The Membership Application Agreement signifies that the new prospective member understands and agrees to abide by and be held accountable for the Church's beliefs, positions, and policies as outlined in our church constitution, as they govern every aspect of church life, including church discipline and counseling.
For more information, including the date for the next MEMBERSHIP CLASS, subscribe to our E-NEWS, call 616-786-2233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final stage of pursuing membership at Harvest is to be baptized if you have not already experienced this as a professing believer in Jesus Christ.
Learn more about BAPTISM AT HARVEST.
Here are 6 Reasons we believe joining and contributing to the life of a local church are vital to growing as a believer of Jesus Christ.
1. Membership says, "I belong here", and God says that believers belong together (Hebrews 10:23-25). So, if you sense that God wants you here with the people of Harvest Bible Chapel at this time in your walk with Christ, and you want to make a public declaration that you are committed to God’s work through this church, it's time to become a member!
2. Membership says, "I affirm, believe and support the teaching of this church" and God says the believers had all things in common including devotion to the Apostles’ teaching (Acts 2:42-47). If you're ready to associate with people of like mind and conviction and embrace the authority of God’s Word in your life and the life of the church, then it's time to become a member!
3. Membership says, "we share the same ministry goals", and God says that believers are to be committed to one another for the sake of spiritual impact (Ephesians 4:16). If you believe that Jesus has a work to do in our local area, and around the world, and you are willing to join with others who have the same vision to see that it gets done, then it's time to become a member!
4. Membership says, "I accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers in the family of God, and that is God’s plan as well" (Galatians 6:1-2,10). If you want to be part of a caring network of people, sharing one another’s joys and sorrows, and helping one another grow through worship, Bible study, and fellowship, then it's time to become a member!
5. Membership says, "I am accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ for my walk with God", and God warns against spiritual autonomy (Hebrews 13:17; Matthew 18:15-20). If you want to receive the guidance, equipping, and assistance necessary to remain on target and you do not want to go it alone in standing for Jesus Christ, then it's time to become a member!
6.Membership says, "I accept responsibility for how things are done here", and God says that is how it should be (1 Corinthians 12:20-27). Elders, deacons, and other church leaders are called from within to serve the Lord and the local congregation. Every member contributes their unique gifting and passion to contribute to a healthy body. If you understand and believe this, then it's time to become a member!